Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Digital Toy

Just a quick blog to mention a new digital toy that's on the road to my office. It's the brand new Mobile Digital Scribe by IOGear. Check out full details at the IO Gear site.

The Mobile Digital Scribe is an ink pen that doubles as a digitizer. It comes with a companion receiver device that stores up to 50 pages of notes that you take with the pen. You then connect the receiver to your PC via a USB cable and upload your notes. The included software can convert your writing to text or can save it as an image file.

When connected to a computer, you can also use the pen as a mouse. If you have tablet functionality in Windows Vista or with Microsoft OneNote, you can use the pen to make any laptop or computer act like a tablet PC.

I'm hoping to have the pen in hand by Friday. I'll post later to let everyone know how well it works in real life compared to the marketing materials.

1 comment:

Michael McVey said...

Now THIS has some potential. I've been using a tablet PC for much of the year but when I go to another PC lappie I sometimes forget and touch the screen thinking it will do something.